Tuesday, April 13, 2010

In love let's persevere...



Today I am grateful for many thins. But one of the things I remain constantly thankful for is my best friend for more than 30 years, and husband for almost that long. I ran across the following poem recently, and I thought it was appropriate for us. And I can't compete with Anne Bradstreet's poetry.

So, thank you, Dave: for loving me, befriending me, choosing to be faithful and take delight in me. You are my greatest earthly blessing!


If ever two were one, then surely we.
If ever man were lov'd by wife, then thee.
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me, ye women, if you can.
I prize thy love more than whole Mines of gold,
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is such that Rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee give recompense.
Thy love is such I can in no way repay;
The heavens reward thee manifold I pray.
Then while we live, in love lets so persever,
That when we live no more, we may live ever.
~Anne Bradstreet

No comments: