Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Updates and prayer requests


Well, on this warm afternoon, I decided to update you on some specifics about the family, and simultaneously rest beneath the fan in my bedroom.

Dave and Ben and Elsa are presumably doing well. That is, Dave is doing well, and we presume Ben and Elsa are. When you don't hear much from newlyweds, you assume they are happy! We know they are continuing to plug into their church, and we keep up with some of their church activities through the blog of their pastor.

Tim and Nikki are the exciting ones. Their visa approved, they are full steam ahead for a wedding on September 13. And Tim currently has several promising job possibilities. Isn't God good?!

And I am past the one-third mark in my radiation treatments, and it is all going very well so far! I have enjoyed company most days on my drive down to treatments, and though I need extra rest, have been having little pain and discomfort so far. Hurrah! (I hate pain and discomfort...)

I also thought I'd update my prayer specifics for me and the family. Please praise God with us for His amazing goodness to us, and also ask Him:
*to help Dave as he deals with continued changes at work, and continued long-term effects from his previous cancer treatments.
*to continue to bless Ben and Elsa and help them build their marriage upon Himself.
*to make smooth sailing for the upcoming wedding and the continued negotiations across the border for Tim and Nikki.
*to allow the right job possibility to become an actual job offer for Tim.
*to allow my treatments to be effective against the cancer, but continue to cause few side effects, and not to damage my lung at all.
*to keep us close to Him, and dependent on Him, and rejoicing in Him.

Your prayers an support continue to carry us!

No comments: