Thursday, November 13, 2014

Quick eye update: The pirate is gone

This picture is an accurate portrayal of how I felt yesterday.  I dumped both water and tea all over the counter at my mom's house before I realized I am not very savvy without my binocular vision, and asked other people to do the pouring!  It gives me great respect for friends who have learned to compensate for that problem.

Today the patch was removed, and I am back to using both eyes.  Everything looks good so far.  I am on large doses of prednisone, plus steroid and antibiotic eye drops, and am now experiencing some vision weirdness of a new sort.  My newly-lensed eye, despite being pretty red and getting a spectacular bruise beneath it from the shot that immobilized my eye during the surgery, is seeing great! (photographic evidence can be seen here)  It is perfect for the computer without glasses, and I can read road signs without glasses.  After not being able to read out of that eye for about a year, that is fabulous, and makes me giggle with delight, and praise God from whom all blessings flow.  The other eye, however, is its same horrible self, so the difference between the two eyes is enough to give me headaches, and I will have to learn to compensate for 4-6 weeks until I am ready to get new glasses.  We'll have to see what I can do about that.

I will return to the doc in ABQ early Monday morning for a recheck, but so far, so good.  I am so grateful for your prayers, Gentle Reader!  And so grateful to God for His hand of mercy in my life.

And now for a few days to rest these eyes a lot, and to figure out how to sleep on prednisone, and while wearing an eye shield, and how to get all the adhesive off my sore face.  :-)

No comments: