Thursday, September 11, 2014

A few health updates

 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth give way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling.  There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of our God.
~Psalm 46: 1-4
People have been asking for updates, so I thought I would let you all know, Gentle Readers, that we have much to praise God for!

Our sweet daughter-in-law, Elsa, wife to Ben, continues to recover from the double-fracture in her ankle.  She will still be trying to care for a 2.5 year old and a 3 month old without walking on it until the beginning of October, but she is a steady girl, made of stern stuff, and has had the most godly and wonderful attitude about it all!  We continue to ask your prauers for a smooth recovery.

Elsa's dear dad, Chris Johnson, continues his long road to recovery after his spring tractor accident.  He is now walking with the aid of crutches/walker, or cane, and is driving, and working, and helping to host Ada while the Johnson grandparents give Elsa a little break.  This has been a long road following Chris' devastating multiple-fractures in his leg, pelvis, and back.  Elsa's strong and steady apple doesn't fall far from that calm and sturdy tree!

Our dear Emma, four-year-old daughter of Tim and Nikki, is improving as her parents and the doctors figure out what foods she needs to avoid.  We are grateful for fewer tummy aches and issues, and thank God for good doctors and parents.

My sweet husband continues to deal with side-effects from 23 years ago, but the good news is that we have made some headway in dealing with the headaches.  And, of course, that means he has been in remission for almost 23 years.  That is a miracle of God's healing, and I never want to take it for granted!

And as for me, I just completed my fourth maintenance dose of remicade, my auotimmune disease shows no sign of active disease, and we are to the point where we can begin discussing cataract surgery later this fall.  I am regaining a portion of my energy back, and for the first time in literally years, every item on my blood work-- including the illusive sed rate and c-reative protein numbers, which have been high for years-- are all in the normal range.   And there is no sign of a return of breast cancer at almost 3 years out of surgery. God's hand of healing and provision has been upon me, and I am grateful.

Thank you, Gentle Readers, for your prayers for us.  I know they have been answered faithfully!

No comments: