Monday, February 25, 2013

Lovely Florida

For those of you wondering about the lovely photos that include non-Southwestern things like water and water fowl, I should perhaps say that I traveled with Dave to Florida the week before last.  While he attended to business, I played and relaxed on the beach (Cocoa Beach).  We hiked a few wildlife refuges in the evenings, and visited with wonderful friends on the weekend.  It was a charming, relaxing, and good time with my best friend.

And below is a few very bad video I took of a Great Blue heron. I am having trouble uploading these, or I would also have uploaded one of a couple of dolphins in a bay near out hotel.  But this lovely bird stands taller than I am-- so well over 5 feet!  We found him on a wildlife refuge north of Kennedy Space Center on Merritt Island.  Isn't he (or she) lovely?



No comments: