Friday, January 06, 2012

Praises and plans

If God cares for you, why need you care too? Can you trust Him for your soul, and not for your body? He has never refused to bear your burdens, He has never fainted under their weight. Come, then, soul! have done with fretful care, and leave all thy concerns in the hand of a gracious God.
~C. H. Spurgeon, Morning by Morning, January 6
I began my day reading these lovely reminders.  (Click above to read the rest.)  God is, indeed, caring and providing for me, and I am trying to relax into His able arms!

Yesterday we got the good news that all my genetic markers are negative, which is a huge source of praise. It has cleared the way for surgery next week. I also got news that Tim, Nikki and Emma are coming to visit in three weeks, and that Dave has made airline reservations for us to visit Ben, Elsa and Ada in six weeks (the soonest I am allowed to travel post-surgery!)  Additionally, there is a little movement on Ada's part to enter the world, and we are so excited.  Please rejoice with us in these praise-worthy items, and pray for Elsa and Ada as the time draws near for Ada's birth.

So the plan now is for surgery on Tuesday, Jan. 10.  The details are still being worked out as far as time, length of stay in the hospital, etc.  But my breast surgeon and gynecologist will work together under one anesthesia to do both surgeries (bi-lateral mastectomy and complete hysterectomy.) Then, let the healing begin.  I will be continuing HBO treatments at some point, and doing physical therapy for lymphedema prevention at some point as well.  On Jan. 24, I'll see the oncologist, and hopefully all my final pathology will be back then, and we can set our course for the future. We'll make our final decision about chemotherapy then (though it doesn't look like I will need it or radiation this time around-- another praise!) and we'll discuss a daily med for a few years to help prevent recurrence.  It is a blessing to have a plan.

So, please keep praying for me, Gentle Reader:
~Pray that I would rest in His capable arms, trusting Him for my care, and finding my image of myself in Him.
~Pray for surgery to be successful, recovery to be smooth, and pathology to be negative.
~Praise God for His amazing provision in all these things, and the peace that passes understanding that is keeping my heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

Lynn Bruce said...

I've been right there Chris, and Jesus is there. He is good all the time. Prayers and love to you.

Enid said...

Praying for you, Chris. May you rest in His perfect peace.