Saturday, November 12, 2011

Delightful Duo

I wish you could be with us, Gentle Reader, to enjoy a visit from the Lundgaards.  They hail from Trnava, Slovakia, where they teach English, help with indigenous church work, and Paula leads a mom's group.  The combination of theircollective and individual hearts for the Lord, Kris' wry sense of humor and sharp mind, and Paula's bubbly interest and care is just delightful.  What a blessing to have them visit.

We first met Kris and Paula in 1988 when Kris was a pastoral intern here. He grew up in Los Alamos, which explains quite a bit about him, both good and bad.  You can get a little sense of Kris's personality and wide-ranging interests on his blog. I have been praying that they would feel refreshed here this weekend.  I don't know if they do, but I am certainly feeling refreshed!  And this afternoon Paula is teaching me how to make Slovakian potato pancakes (think potatoes, garlic, eggs in a cake, with a chicken sauce and cheese.  Yum! If I had a camera, I'd take a picture... but I'll just have to be content with stealing this photo off of Kris' facebook page, and with enjoying the potato pancakes without you, Gentle Reader. May you enjoy many such refreshing friendships.

No comments: