Saturday, May 08, 2010

Today's geocaching adventure



Today, Dave and I ventured out into the spring winds to take a hike and enjoy a little geocaching. We found two caches quite easily, as the above photos attest. But on the final one, we got somehow turned around a bit, and headed into the lovely and rugged White Rock Canyon. We descended onto the lava fields below the rim, and then transversed said lava fields, and the photo below shows you how we climbed out of White Rock Canyon.

I am not kidding. This was serious boulder-scrambling, and it was great fun! We were prepared hikers (with sunscreen and water) and knew to watch for snakes. And I actually made it with only a minor run-in with a cholla cactus and a small tear in my pants. Pretty good for me.

We never did find the last cache, because the GPS died before we reached it. But there is always next time. And I think now I will drag my tired body out to dinner with my sweet husband, who is not nearly as tired as i am, even though he ran 10 miles before the hike!

No comments: