Monday, May 05, 2008

Some Very Good News

This afternoon brought several items of good news and praise!
  • First, the surgeon called and spoke to Dave while I was having my PET scan. The pathology is back on both the biopsies done last week, and both are clean as a whistle! No cancer in those two "suspicious" spots! Hurrah! Thank you, Lord!
  • Secondly, I am done with the PET scan. It wasn't as bad as I had feared, though one would not want to do it more often than absolutely necessary. The worst part was my neck after falling asleep in a chair waiting for the radioactive sucrose to run its course and then holding my arms above my head with my elbows at my ears for 45 minutes. My poor ruptured disc doesn't like these things. And I forgot to ask what the radioactive element is, and my nuclear chemist hubbie wants to know, so now I have to research that for him, so he can calculate the half-life for me :-) We now wait for the report from the PET, which should be here by Wednesday.
If there are no unexpected things that show up on the PET scan, I am back on for a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy on Thursday, May 8 (the day of my chorus concert...) Please pray with us that the only "hot spot" on the PET scan will be the one cancer tumor. That would be such great news! (And as my brother Matt said during my mom's treatments last year, it's funny how the term "good" changes in this instance...)

Thank you all for your prayers, and we will keep you posted here as the week develops! God is so good!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh, my! Praising God with you for that good news, and continuing to pray for the PET scan results.

Anne said...

Dear Chris,

I am rejoicing with you over this good news. You continue to be in my prayers ~ I wish I lived closer so that I could provide a bit more tangible assistance.

Love, and many prayers,
Anne