Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A Day of Blessing

God is so very good-- today was a day of blessing upon blessing for me! My mother-in-law cleaned my bathrooms this morning (along with the rest of my house--thank you Marilyn!) When I whined about my hair being too long and wanting it cut before surgery, my dear friend Kelley arranged a little trip to her hair dresser, and new do was forthcoming (thank you, Kelley!). I took the following (rather dorky) photo of myself to show it off-- I obviously am not one of those self-portrait people...


I also have a new, comfy lay-boy recliner in my beautiful bedroom for times of recuperation and privacy. It almost makes being sick worth it...

And my dearest of husbands sent me beautiful roses and a small box of emergency chocolates, along with his amazing love and support for the last almost 28 years. He is an incredible, godly, faithful man, and what a blessing! I love you, Dave!


Another friend, and IBC survivor, sent me a token of her love and prayers (thank you Tami!), and a got a little taste of heaven this afternoon as six of my closest friends gathered in my living room to sing my favorite hymns (in three part harmony, I might add..we sounded like angels!) and to pray for me. (Thank you Jacque, Amy, Kris, Ann, Kelley and Valerie-- you all make me feel rich...)

I had an amazing visit with Ben last week, and an offer of a trip from Tm this weekend (with a generous offer of help from the Reckmans: you guys are such a blessing!) We have convinced him to finish his season and see us next month, but what a sweet offer!

And I had a lovely summer evening walk with Dave, and am settling down to a chick flick and popcorn. What could be better for a weary soldier than that?

Your prayers, friends, are holding me. I feel God right here beside me, because you are imploring Him to be there. Thank you! I am going into my surgery tomorrow surrounded by love, uplifted and held. And I feel so very blessed!

3 comments:

Cindy Marsch said...

Oh, Chris, how I would have loved to be there singing with your group. Thanks so much for sharing your day with us, especially the photos! I love the "do," too. :-) You are radiant and I praise our precious Father for that.

Kathy said...

I love your hair! And I'm praising God for His manifold blessings in your life.

Jenny said...

Blessing, indeed. And you bless me by sharing it. Lots of love and prayers.
Jenny