Tuesday, May 13, 2008

An Excellent Pathology Report

My pathology report was an answer to prayer! My lymph node is clear (no cancer present) and the margins around the tumor are clear (no spread of disease) and the size of the tumor at its largest is 1.5 cm. All this adds up to what will likely be staged as a Stage 1 breast cancer, with an excellent chance of full recovery. Hurrah! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Of course, one of the tasks for tomorrow is to decide what to do about the pesky lymph nodes in my body. It looks less and less likely that they are related to my breast cancer, and more likely that they are something unrelated to it. And that "something" is a big unknown at this point. The tumor board will be discussing this, as will I in my appointments with my oncologist and surgeon tomorrow following it.

So, this part of the news (the pathology from the surgery) is excellent news, and I am grateful!

Some prayer requests:
  • Good rest for tonight and strength for several appointments and lots of information and possible decisions tomorrow.
  • Good guidance from my docs here and afar as to how I should proceed.
  • A good strategy for moving forward with treatment that may even allow me to see Tim run at Nationals on the 22-24 of this month.
And one BIG praise:
  • God answered affirmatively for the clear axillary nodes and the containment of the cancer, and I praise Him for it! What an encouragement!

8 comments:

Renee @ AddMoreChocolate said...

Praising God with you! Thank you so much for keeping us updated.

Hugs and blessings,
Renee

Anne said...

Oh, Hurray, Hurray!

Rejoicing with you this evening, Chris!

Love, Anne

Quotidian Life said...

Wow! Great news, Chris! I am thanking our gracious heavenly Father for your good pathology report and will continue to pray regarding the mysterious nodes.

Cindy Marsch said...

Rejoicing with you, Chris, and preparing with you for the next steps...

Love,
Cindy

Jenny said...

Wonderful news, Chris! Thanks for letting us share this journey with you.

Jenny

Kathy said...

Rejoicing with you, as well, Chris! This is fantastic news.

THE MOM said...

Great news! Prayers answered! We'll keep on praying for you during the rest of your treatment and for the turmor board results.

JungleJimm said...

Glad to hear of your good report. My prayers are with all of you.

Jim