Thursday, May 08, 2008

A Morning of Reminder

This morning my "Through the Bible in a Year" old testament reading was from 1 Kings 16-18, where I was reminded how God dealt with the prophets of Ba'al through Elijah: "The Lord: He is God!" And God provided rain for the dry, parched land. What a God we serve! I am resting in Him this morning, and trusting Him to deal with any false prophets or droughts that may come my way...

The new testament reading was from the end of John 1: Jesus is recognized as the Messiah and calls his disciples to follow him. May I remember all day that He is the Son of God, and may I follow Him.

Thank you for all the encouragement and prayers this morning. God is, indeed, gracious to me through you all.

And now we're off on the next part of this "great adventure"...

1 comment:

threesismom said...

Chris,

Just caught up on your posts. We will be out of touch today as we travel to Hillsdale. A good time to pray!

A poem for you:

Trust

Who takes God's Word in firm, dry faith
When drought seems to abound
Sahll see at last as some have seen
The promised fragrant shoots of green
Rise conquering from the ground.

by Helga Skogsbergh

Love & prayers,
Chris & Donna