Monday, May 19, 2008

Exhaustion is my friend...

I have heard from many of you who I apparently made "nervous" because I hadn't posted in several days. I'm glad you are reading, but sorry to cause distress!

I am quickly recuperating from my surgery. I have little-to-no pain, and only a small amount of swelling. Certain activities still cause discomfort-- like jogging on the aerobic platforms at Curves. But I am back to gently working out, gardening, walking and doing more of my normal activities.

It's so strange after even this minor surgery, how quickly I can go from feeling great to completely exhausted. So, recovery seems to be this cycle of overdoing it, then resting, then overdoing a little more, and resting again.

I have been having no trouble so far on tamoxifen. Thank the Lord for that! I am trying to move lots and walk lots as I can to help mediate some of the possible clotting problems that come with that drug.

And now I have a couple of weeks until we should have all my blood work and the tumor genetic studies back. I see the oncologist on June 2 to get those results and make the chemotherapy/radiation therapy plan. So I now can concentrate on living: recuperating, getting in shape for what's ahead, working on projects for Tim and Nikki's wedding, etc.

The hard part about weeks of "down time" is the mental and spiritual discipline needed to wait on the Lord. In this way, exhaustion is my friend! If I work as I need to, then the rest times and night times can be full of peaceful sleep-- because the Lord is good to give it, and because I'm exhausted. What a good combination!

Some prayer requests:
  • Please continue to pray for good, clear results from my tests.
  • Please pray that further treatment will be minimal, but efficient for a cure.
  • Please pray for those pesky lymph nodes to be nothing to worry about.
  • Please pray for peaceful rest for me and for Dave, and that we will continue to find our rest in the Lord.
  • Please pray for Dave's continuing good health and his ability to support me and keep up at work, too. (He's doing marvelously at both!)
  • Please continue to pray for peace for our children-- they are far away, and concerned for us.
  • Please pray for Tim to find a good engineering job and a place to live for the summer and/or beyond.
  • Please pray for Tim and Nikki's upcoming trip plans to come out here in June/July. Please pray for a wedding shower to be able to happen even if I am sort of "out of the loop".
And some praise items:
  • Praise God for my excellent recovery and prognosis.
  • Praise God for wonderful family and friends who remind me of the truth, encourage me, pray for me, bring me meals, take over my responsibilities, and host wedding showers. What a blessing the body of Christ is!
  • Praise God that He is, indeed, the conquerer of the last enemy, death, and that He removes that sting, and enables us to live without fear.

1 comment:

erinlo said...

Chris- Mom was here last week and told me about what is going on with you. So, I am catching up on your blog this afternoon as my children sleep and am astounded by what you are going through and the grace and dignity in how you are dealing with it. Thank you for being an example, even in the midst of major trials, of a Proverbs 31 woman. I am humbled and thankful that I am able to sit down and read the whole story this afternoon. Thank you, Chris. I love you even more. -Erin L.