Sunday, July 17, 2022

Spring-Summer Projects 2022

I have been busy in my sewing room this spring, but it seems I am mostly still in progress with some big quilts and dresses.  But here are things already finished for the year.

I completed a quilt for my Chicago niece. It is a birthday/early graduation gifts for her.

I completed a couple mats to place under plants in the living room, but only have a photo of them not quite finished yet.

E4 needed some hands on alphabet practice, so here is a bag full of letters for her.


I completed a knot romper for this beauty who told me she was not a dress girl-- it's all about being comfortable. Isn't A. lovely?!

This isn't really my finish, but E1 finished the log cabin kit I made for her.


Cousin's Camp VIII was postponed when the Phoenix Finns got Co-vid, so we are rescheduling for fall break in October.  But the t-shirts and tote bags are ready to go.


C got a dress with head scarf and a skirt and t-shirt for her birthday.


Isn't she adorable?!

I made four sets of cute coasters for prizes at an upcoming baby shower.  Stay tuned for the church quilt that is being given in just a few weeks!




E4 is just about to turn 2.  So he got both a felt activity book and a stool for his birthday.  These are our seventh time making these toddler gifts, and perhaps our last.  They have been fun to do!







 
I did my first cross-stitch in many years while making these book marks for E1 and E2 for Easter.  Grateful my eyes are up to the task!

And I made a few mug rugs.  We watch for fun mugs on sale, and then I use scraps to make the mug rugs to match.  They make nice hospitality or birthday gifts, and are fun to do.


My sewing room is currently full of many big projects:  twin bed quilts for E3 and Ev, and queen bed quilts for T&N and E&B.  It has been fun choosing patterns, buying fabric, and getting started.  E3's is almost done, and all the fabric for the others is silently waiting and calling me!   I hope to have a very fruitful fall sewing season!

1 comment:

bydesign8 said...

Finally got on here to read your Christmas update and was captivated by this post with all your projects. It makes me smile to see all the lovely things you made! I made my first little “capsule wardrobe” for baby girl Salazar and it was SO much fun! I wish we were closer! Blessings, Keri Salazar