Sunday, July 19, 2015

35 years

One of the great blessings of my life has been to know this man and count him as my friend for almost 40 years, and my husband for 35 years today.  He is my rock.  I am his cross to bear.  But God has been about building something beautiful in our marriage, and I am very, very blessed and grateful.

Happy anniversary, dearest Dave!



Come and Dance
 
The June lilies are spent,
and autumn’s leggy-ness spreads over the garden.
We still look with anticipation to the fullness of harvest,
you and I, searching out those succulents we can pluck.
The hard work of spring and the hot days of summer
are behind us.
 
Come, dance with me,
palm against palm, chest against chest,
in the cool of the twilight, in the space between day and night.
Sway to the rhythm of the gift: this life, this world,
while harmonies play at the edge.
Come, and dance.

No comments: