Thursday, January 08, 2015

Christmas Projects

I had fun working on a few little projects for Christmas, and thought I would share. First, a grove of Christmas trees. These are the ornaments I made this year, using mostly antique buttons on top.


Ezra got a whale


Carys got an elephant


I made a small wall-hanging quilt of the Minneapolis skyline for my sister Jeni.  She claims she recognized it right away!  :-)



The big girls got some play dresses for being princesses, or whatever else those fertile minds can imagine



Each of the older girls also got sleeping mats to bring to Grandma's house when they come. These are like long pillow cases, with room for four bed pillows. The pillows can lay flat or fold up for a variety of shapes.


The littles got a play mat with a wooden car made by Pampa.  Ezra'a is a race track, while Carys has a farm.  I forgot to get pictures of these, but Nikki  kindly sent this one of Ezra with his set.  The cars fit in a pocket at the bottom, and then the whole thing rolls up and ties for easy transport.


My niece Zoe loves to sew, and I made her a little sewing kit in a small zippered bag


And for Ada's upcoming birthday, I made a crayon caddy to go with a couple of coloring books she is receiving. It also rolls and ties for ease of transport.



It was such a blessing to feel well enough to complete these little, fun projects.  Now waiting in the wings: finishing a quilt for my day bed and for Emma's twin size bed, not to mention many more projects waiting to be completed or started!

No comments: