Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Mother's Day memory

21 years ago on Mother's Day, my family left after church to head for Houston.  Dave had stage 4 metastatic melanoma, had been given about 6 months to live, and was entering a clinical trial using experimental drugs at  M. D. Anderson.  We left not knowing if we would all come back home together or not.

But 21 years later, we know the marvels God accomplished: how He went before us, cared for us, raised up an army to care for and pray for us, cured Dave of an incurable cancer, grew my boys to manhood in the presence of their dad, and has allowed Dave to participate in two weddings and hold two grandchildren. He took us from baby Christians to believers who found their footing in Christ, who could praise Him for suffering, and who could stand when everything around them yelled, "Fall and get it over with!"   Having seen God do all of that, I cannot doubt that He has my good and His glory in mind in every trial I encounter.  Blessed be His name!

If you want to know more about this God, just ask.  I'd love to tell you!


No comments: