Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sabbath Songs

This morning I awoke with this spiritual on my mind.  When I sang in the Chorale at the University of Maryland, the little soprano solo at the end of one of the verses (He's a shelter in a storm.") was my first solo.  But more than that, as I prayed for several people this morning, I was reminded of what a weary land this can be, and what a rock our God is!




Lyrics:
My God is a rock in a weary land,

Weary land in a weary land,
My God is a rock in a weary land
Shelter in the time of storm

Oh Yes!
I know he is a rock in a weary land
Weary land, in a weary land
I know he is a rock in a weary land
Shelter in the time of storm

Stop and let me tell you bout chapter one
When the Lord God’s work had just begun
Stop and let me tell you bout chapter two
When the Lord God written his Bible true
Stop and let me tell you bout chapter three
When the Lord God he died upon Calvary

Chorus

Stop and let me tell you bout chapter four
When the Lord God visited among the poor
Stop and let me tell you bout chapter five
When the Lord God he raised all the dead alive
Stop and let me tell you bout chapter six
He went to Jerusalem and healed the sick

Chorus

Stop and let me tell you bout chapter seven
When he died and he risen and he went up to heaven
Stop and let me tell you bout chapter eight
When the Lord God he standing at that golden gate
Stop and let me tell you bout chapter nine
When the Lord God he turned all the water to wine

Chorus

No comments: