Friday, January 21, 2011

Health update, and counting blessings...

For those of you wondering what ever happened with my iron infusions, I thought I would give a general health update. There may only be a couple of you, but since those couple have asked, here we go...

The infusions (5 of them) are done, but the bruises and the bills remain. They were not really problematic, especially for the first three.  The last two found my veins saying "No more!", but we accomplished them.  I will have blood work next week, when we hope to find I have a full load of iron on board.  I will get results from the oncologist on the 31st, Lord willing. I'm not sure who I will be seeing, but they assure me they will have a doctor in the office...

I have more tests scheduled for February to look for sources of some slow bleeding that may have added to my problem. I continue to appreciate your prayers, Gentle Reader, as I traverse this rocky landscape of health issues.  As a friend here in town (now almost through her 80's) says: Growing old is not for sissies.  I am trying to learn not to be a sissy..

I am not always succeeding at that "not being a sissy" part, however.  I often feel a little (or more than a little) sorry for myself.  It's at those times that the discipline of counting one's blessings is vital.  And I have many, many of those to count, by God's grace!

May the tough times find us all counting our blessings, Gentle Reader, and fighting for non-sissy status...

1 comment:

Shannon said...

For the record, I don't think you're a sissy, and I ought to be good at identifying them; takes one to know one, right? ;)
Continuing to pray for answers to the medical questions and the grace to "count it all joy."
*HUGS!*