Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A plea from a mother's heart


This morning I read a post on another blog that touched my heart. I live in a rather remarkable family. My parents have been married for 48 years: their first and last marriage. Dave's parents were married for somewhere around 50 years, the only marriage for them both. I have five siblings. The three who are married are all, Lord willing, on their first and last marriages as well (and some are well into 20-some years.) Dave and I celebrated our 27th anniversary last summer. My children have grown up with a legacy of marriages that last. What a rare and precious thing!

But the legacy of divorce leaves a carnage that goes on and on. Some of the decisions we make bear consequences for the rest of our lives. With Ben's wedding in less than three weeks, and Tim's just around the bend, this mother's plea to her children touched my heart. I make the same plea to my dear children! Please read "Tears at Thanksgiving".

No comments: