Saturday, September 03, 2011

On the joy of having energy

Today has been a productive day.  I exercised vigorously-- at least for me-- before breakfast.  (That means completing my third day this week of Week 2 of the Couch to 5K program-- I am doing the workouts three times a week, but going slower than they say.  For instance, I did week one for 6 weeks before moving on this week to week 2! So I am now doing Curves three times a week, and jogging three times a week.) Then, after breakfast and a shower, I washed all the windows, with little breaks for quilting when I was getting tired.  I love clean windows.  But I have to sheepishly admit that I have not washed both the inside and outside of my windows since before my cancer diagnosis three-plus years ago.  I have not had the energy! But today, the windows are done, and most of the blocks for a quilt are, too, and we did a little garage-sale shopping and watching of track and field worlds to boot!

When one has energy to work hard, one hardly ever appreciates it.  But now, to return to that energy level after not being there, makes me very grateful to God.  I think I felt horrible for a good while before my cancer was diagnosed, as my body fought the weight I had put on as well as the cancer. .  And after three surgeries and radiation, it took me a longtime to recover. I know some people never really do. I am so grateful that God has given me that grace! May I use this lovely energy to glorify Him!

No comments: