Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Profound implications....


This morning, I rode my bike to the bank and the post office. This may not seem like a big deal-- except that before last night, I have probably not been on a bike for the last 15 years or so! But, inspired by my sister, and wanting to take greater advantage of living in a small town that is placed in a relatively flat area, my sweet husband pulled out the bikes last night. We rode around a few blocks, after I got over the fear of forgetting how to do this in the street amongst other traffic, and soon was remembering both the jelly-legged sensation of thighs well-used and the delightful feeling of the wind in my hair.

So today, I have confirmed an important truth: one really does never forget how to ride a bike. I'm sure it has profound implications...

2 comments:

Jenifer Hanson said...

Chris, have I mentioned lately how much I love being your sister? I really enjoy that we are inspiring each other to keep working and trying new things!

MagistraCarminum said...

Hey-
I love being your sister, too! :-)