Sunday, June 27, 2010

All nature sings...

Yesterday we hiked about 3 miles round trip, up into the Jemez from the ski area, to Canada Bonita: and it certainly is a beautiful meadow!  Along the way we enjoyed many butterflies:


And many wildflowers, including heavily-laden locust trees in full bloom:
The hike was beautiful, and inspiring, and so close to home!  I think we often forget that we live in a place that ought to be a destination for vacations.  God has spoiled us with all this beauty!
This is my Father's world, 
 and to my listening ears 
 all nature sings, and round me rings 
 the music of the spheres.  
 This is my Father's world:  
 I rest me in the thought 
 of rocks and trees, of skies and seas; 
 his hand the wonders wrought.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Beautiful pictures!