Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008


2008 has been a year of struggle, waiting, and rejoicing.

Struggle: This year I struggled with breast cancer, including three surgeries and radiation treatment, struggled with my own selfishness and pride, and struggled to do what I am called to do.

Waiting: This has been a year of waiting for health, waiting for energy, and waiting for the Lord.

Rejoicing: See the photo above of my children, and you will see a huge reason for rejoicing! God has been faithful through the struggle and the waiting, and blessed us beyond measure!

Tonight we will enjoy the fellowship of our family and friends and ring in the new year as we do every year. And I am thankful both that last year is ending, and that the future before us is full of the kindness of our heavenly Father.

Happy New Year, everyone!

4 comments:

Tim's Medical Blog said...

Ephesians 1:15-18 and happy new year...

Tim's Medical Blog said...

P.S. ask Ben if this makes any sense.

Ego venit , Ego vidi , Ego supplanto super meus proprius pedis.

I hope it's decent :-/ got it from one of my study online lab-rat study groups.

Bethany said...

How did Elsa and Ben get taller than Tim and Nikki?

MagistraCarminum said...

LOL Bethany! There *is* an explanation, of course! Ben and Elsa are standing on our hearth! :-)