Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Update from Alberta


Please continue in prayer for our friends Juanita and Terry in the aftermath of the murder of their daughter, Emily. They have been a tremendous witness to their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. They humble me.

This week is going to be a tough one for them. Please pray for courage and peace, sleep and rest and comfort.

Here and here are a few current news items with public updates.

A mutual friend of ours posted the first question of the Heidelberg Catechism this morning. It also hangs on our livingroom wall in beautiful calligraphy, given to us by our pastor when Dave was undergoing his cancer treatments. What truth it holds, and what comfort it brings!

Question 1. What is thy only comfort in life and death?

Answer: That I with body and soul, both in life and death, am not my own, but belong unto my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ; who, with his precious blood, has fully satisfied for all my sins, and delivered me from all the power of the devil; and so preserves me that without the will of my heavenly Father, not a hair can fall from my head; yea, that all things must be subservient to my salvation, and therefore, by his Holy Spirit, He also assures me of eternal life, and makes me sincerely willing and ready, henceforth, to live unto him.

No comments: