Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another step closer


Today I completed my 25th radiation treatment: the last of the whole-breast irradiation treatments. This is significant! It not only means that there are only 8 treatments left, but that they are designed as a booster around my scar and tumor-removal area. It means I can begin washing away all the black lines on my chest, and keep only some small green ones for the next couple of weeks. It means I am almost done with this phase of treatment!

As I drug my weary old body on my walk this morning, I feasted on scripture songs about God's care for us, His call on our lives, and His goodness. Maybe it sounds a bit crazy, but I am so very thankful. My prognosis is so good, especially in light of the battle others have waged and are waging, and my treatment has been so minimal. I'm mostly just sore and tired. I could have had things much harder, but for reasons I may never understand, God, in His grace and goodness to me, planned for this to be easy for me. I don't deserve it. I didn't merit it in any way. And yet, here is blessing upon blessing. Please join me in thanking God for His providential care over me! And here are a few other specifics:

*Praise Him for the completion of the first phase of the radiation with very minimal skin involvement and minimal pain.
*Ask Him to continue to be with me on the upcoming tests {hysteriosonogram on Sept. 4, two sets of other blood/hormone work-ups in late September, and a PETScan/CT for October 1.} Ask God to give me the grace to trust Him as we await results, and accept whatever results come to me from His hand. Please pray for clear results. And feel free to pray for good, clean, cancer-free results, too!
*Ask Him to help me live within the limits currently upon me in regards to my lack of energy. I especially ask for your prayers for the upcoming wedding, where I would very much like to do much more than I will be able to do, and I will need to recognize my limits instead of my desires.

No comments: