Thursday, August 14, 2008

Half way there


Today I completed radiation treatment #17 of 33. I am half-way through! Hurrah! Projected finish date right now is Monday, September 8. I am beginning to experience a little more tenderness and pain, though it is still very bearable. I am also having more fatigue, and hence getting very little done other than getting to Santa Fe and back every day. But I am grateful for the treatments, grateful for my good prognosis, grateful for the many good friends who are giving me rides so I can rest to and from Santa Fe. God is being very good to me!

Some prayer specifics:
*Praise God that I have made it this far, with so few interruptions so far!
*Praise God for the helpers he has raised up to drive me almost every day.
*Praise God for the friends who stop by or call and bring me cheer-- I am rich in God's blessing of friends!
*Ask God to use the radiation to effectively treat any remaining cancer.
*Ask God to keep the side-effects minimal, and let there be no damage to my lung.
*Ask the Lord to help clear up a little rash I've developed so that it will not become a problem with treatment.
*Please be in prayer now for upcoming tests in October (a hormone test to follow up on an adenoma on my adrenal gland, a uterine test to check for frequent problems caused by the tamoxifen I am taking, and another PET/CT scan to get a look at both my cancer situation and my pesky lymph nodes. All these tests will take place after I'm done with treatment and after Tim's wedding.
*Please also pray that I could serve God in this place, with the energy I have. I hope to resume teaching in October-- pray that I would follow God's leading there.

No comments: