Thursday, December 20, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...


All the book reports and essays have been graded.  The classes are done.  The Christmas projects that are going to be completed, are completed.  We have a little bit of snow this week, and more expected for Christmas Day.  Today I will be cleaning, baking, and wrapping.  I love Christmas!

The above quilt was sent off weeks ago to Dave's brother and family in Tennessee, and the other handmade projects have been documented for future posting.  And after a few details finished off today, I will be ready to do nothing but enjoy my family!  My children and their families arrive tomorrow evening, and my siblings and their families will be trickling in until Christmas Eve. On Christmas Day at my sister's house, we will number 24 people.  It will be crazy, loud, fun, and precious.  And I can't wait!

I am overwhelmed by the blessings of God.  I completed a semester of teaching, I have an abundant family to gather about me, and my sweet husband has survived a whole year of my various health struggles with me.  Jesus is here, Emmanuel, God is in His heaven, and for a little while anyway, all seems right with my world.  May it be so with your world, too, Gentle Reader!

No comments: