Monday, September 17, 2012

Ending the day


Gentle Readers, I am simply too tired a lot of the time to write anything-- much less anything profound.  But I am learning, by God's grace, to stop myself before the point of melt-down.  My poor hubbie has had to weather that tempest too often lately, but I hope to spare him from it as much as I can. Therefore, evenings now find me taking a leisurely walk, then relaxing.  I read, or watch a movie, or take a bath. (And as a person fond of baths, finally having my first baths since before my surgery last December has been a real treat! Between the healing first, then the lymphedema, I couldn't soak in a hot tub. But what a blessed relaxation to return to them now.)

I am trying to learn to end my day resting in the Lord, thankful for all He has done and given, grateful for the activity the day held, and reflecting on who He is. When I do that, even if tears come from the tired, they are good tears.

No comments: