Thursday, July 12, 2012

A pre-anniversary celebration

Next week, Lord willing, Dave and I will celebrate 32 years of married bliss. And while there have been seasons of something more difficult than bliss, there has never been a moment of regret that 32 years ago I married my best friend.  God has been gracious to carry us through many trials together, and Dave has born with me admirably through the years, and taught me so much!

So I came on travel with Dave to Las Vegas this week, and we are celebrating. We started the trip with an evening at the Venetian to see Phantom of the Opera, which was spectacular, and the next morning we visited the Ethel M. chocolate factory and cactus gardens, which was fun. It is a bit of a cha;lenge to figure out what to do when it is 116 degrees outside, but it has been a lovely time none-the-less.  And as Dave has been involved in meetings during the day, I have gone swimming, read, watched movies, worked on lesson plans, and generally relaxed and enjoyed myself.  Tonight we will have a lovely meal out together, and tomorrow we head to Albuquerque, where we'll have one more night in a hotel, and enjoying each others' company.  And then as a special treat, we will pick up Ben and Elsa and Ada at the airport and bring them home with us on Saturday.  What a blessing this all is! I find myself one grateful girl.


No comments: