Monday, October 25, 2010

Normal, and benign moments...

Normal.  It is an unexciting word.  At least until you've done without it.

Today, I am rejoicing in normal.  I made a trip to the oncologist's office this afternoon, to have her check out some tender, lumpy places that appeared last week.  In preparation for that visit, I realized again that "normal" is a gift, but that the greater gift is that Christ walks with me in every  detail of my life. He walks with me in "benign" moments and "cancer" moments, and that makes all the difference.

Today turned into a benign moment: the doctor feels nothing is going on, but will check again in a month, and do my already-scheduled scans then. So I am praising God that He is allowing my "normal" to continue.

There are many challenges to living in a post-cancer world.  Not wallowing in worry, nor borrowing trouble for tomorrow, but instead letting tomorrow worry after itself.  Those are tall orders for my feeble, frail mind. But in the end, I see the very real blessings here.  May God be praised! 

No comments: