Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring cleaning

Spring was in the air today, Gentle Reader. The soft, yellow-green signs of life are poking up in the back gardens!



We spent the morning raking up winter debris...



And pruning the fruit trees...



And keeping some of the freshly pruned branches to bring inside and force into bud before our very eyes, thus bringing a bit of spring right indoors with us...



And got compost turned into the vegetable garden so we are ready to plant peas...



Despite the fact that you see only my family members working in these photos, I was working alongside them for several hours. My winter-weary body is tired with the exertion, and my gardening muscles are flabby and out of shape and sore. But it was wonderful to exercise stewardship over my little corner of the world today. I know I will worship better tomorrow because of it!

No comments: