Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy new year, one and all...


Tonight we celebrate the end of 2009 and the beginning of 2010; the end of one decade of a new millennium, and the beginning of another.

Our "normal" crew of New Years Eve celebrators are all gone this year...some in Minnesota, some in Ontario, some in Virginia... and we have been invited to several other places, each of which will likely be enjoyable. But I am slightly melancholy about having the "old gang" all gone this year. New Years always tend to make me feel like I ought to be more introspective than I am, ought to have accomplished more last year, always a little melancholy.

So, Dave and I, the absolute worst decision makers in the world, don't yet know what we're going to do this evening to ring in the new year. Whatever we decide, I know he will be at my side, for which I am very grateful. He makes everything better, and continues year after year to be a tremendous blessing to me.

As you ring in the New Year, Gentle Reader, may the Lord bring blessing to you as you reflect on God's hand in your life over the last year, and the hope and promise of the next.

1 comment:

Renee @ AddMoreChocolate said...

And blessings to you as well! Praying for grace, mercy, and peace to all the Finnegans in 2010. Thank you for blogging about your journey along the way.
Hugs,
Renee