Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A little adventure is good, too


Adventure looks like different things to different people...just keep that in mind.

My dear husband, a man among men, has been looking for a new car for the last couple of years. Now I haven't gotten too excited about this becuase he is usually on something like the four-year plan, so I figured we had plenty of time to wait yet. But wonder of wonders, he has already purchased a used (new to us) car via his favorite care dealership, e-bay! (It is a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe, for inquiring minds...) He is buying it in the town where he has a business meeting later this week, so I am going to fly with him, and then we will drive the car back, via Tucson, where we can spend a couple of days with Tim and Nikki. To me this sounds like a grand adventure! I love car-time with Dave, for listening to books together and talking, and just the change of scenery sounds exciting, not to mention time with Tim and Nik!

And as if that weren't enough adventure for the day, we also found some great Southwest Airlines deals, and have scheduled a trip to visit Ben and Elsa in March, over Ben's Spring Break. We have had to cancel plans to visit them in Bloomington twice now, and so are excited about getting to see them in their own home soon. Hurray!

God is awfully good to me. I am not sure what my stamina will stand, but even if I have to take naps or go to bed early, these will be wonderful trips, and I am looking forward to them!

No comments: